Thursday, May 14, 2020

Pin Cushion

We didn't get a lot of rain last night and the rain held off during the first round of walk. I quit on the second round to clean stalls and before that was finished the heavens opened and big fat drops of rain splattered the golf cart and me all the way back to the house. I'm not sure if Diane and Ruth made it back before getting dumped on. The cardiologist decided he wanted my blood drawn for labs and this morning that meant no cream in the coffee and no food. The appointment was for 9:00 am and I was taken right in but the first lady tried twice in both of my arms before giving up and sending me to another room and another nurse. That nurse was successful and I was on my way home by 9:30 am with both arms bruised up looking like pin cushions. More than likely because of the daily dose of aspirin. The first job once home was to tease mares. Lola is now out, Soul is coming in and showed but would not accept Evan so she was put back and I will try with her tomorrow. Irish is still in and covered by Valiant. Lily is now in her foal heat but won't be covered until her next season. Roxanne is also in her foal heat and strongly. I could not cover her as Valiant was used already on Irish. Ayanna was teased and she was not interested at all. Ayanna, Roxanne and Jenis were put in the pasture to graze. Rosalie and Hadassah were put in the paddock next to Evan. Irish was put in the short shelter paddock but she will need to be moved tomorrow as we have a mare coming in for breeding that will go there. This evening Roxanne and Ayanna were put in the middle paddock and Jenis left in the field. Lily and her colt are in the indoor arena and Tori is stalled for the night. We are expecting storms tonight with heavy rain.  Mark got the mowing down this evening. Beth Herman brought mushrooms over to mom's house this evening. These are the last of what they found. Mom shared some with us and this evening after all the outside work was done those were fried up and enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment