Sunday, May 5, 2019

Lola Covered

We left for church early this morning to help Dave & Stephanie and Benj & Kristin serve lunch in Peoria. That went well, they had lots of help with all the Hodel girls, the Regiers, and the Kiesers. The trays were filled with home baked goodies.  It sure pays to have lots of relatives. The graduate breakfast was early this morning which Dave Obergfel had that short service then Greg Rumbold had the morning message and Dave had the afternoon on Mark.
After church I teased mares and I really should have asked for help. Soul was teased first and she was already out. We only got her covered once, 2 days ago. That wasn't the part I needed help with, her foal is such a character that he wouldn't follow his mama back into the paddock. Instead he threw his tail up into the air and strutted around like he owned the place. I finally had to put a lead rope around him and muscle him in.  Lola was next and she was still in and covered by Valiant and then her filly too wouldn't follow her mom back into the paddock. Thankfully she was easy to get back in. She is quite big and much stronger than I am but let me guide her back. I guess I need to get the halter training started soon.  Galena's filly got out while I was getting Lola and her filly out. When she realized her mom wasn't coming she stood at the gate and waited for me to let her back in. Rosaleigh was the last teased and did not show at all. Her filly stayed right with her.  After that Mark and I took some logs over to the playground and started a campfire for the grand children. They had fun playing with long sticks while the volley ball players played. The fire was so nice we stayed just a little too long and Jewel had to be brought inside in the dark. I'm thankful she comes when called as she was way down in the pasture and couldn't be seen.  Pictures will be downloaded later from this afternoon at the playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment