Thursday, May 2, 2019

All Fixed

No walk again today, we had a big thunderstorm during the night and by morning it was still raining HARD.  Emma was very distressed during the night and tried to climb into bed with us. Thankfully our bed is tall and she can't heave her heavy body up. She finally was content to just lay down by the bed.  By morning the pond overflow pipe sounded like a huge waterfall. I tried to get a picture of the water shooting high into the air from the side of the drive but there were just too many trees and sticker bushes in the way.
 I walked into the pond pasture and crossed the dam to get a picture from the other direction.
 The gander and goose were sitting up on the bank and I couldn't see any of the goslings until the mama stood up. All 6 were huddled underneath her keeping dry.  I was surprised when the pair with their goslings quickly made their way to the pond,


as I was no threat to them. Until I turned around and then saw the threat, Emma had followed me.
This morning Mark came into the barn as I was cleaning up the arena this morning to tell me he found 4 BIG moral mushrooms. Then walking back to the house from the pond pasture I found another big moral mushroom.  I was taking it over to mom's so she could have one and found a second big on the side of the drive. Mom got those 2, then after work Mark found 3 more. Today Galena and Lola were teased then let into the pond pasture to see if they would show to Evan. Neither showed at all.  Soul and Rosaleigh were brought inside and grained then put right back into the indoor arena. These two were teased yesterday so won't be teased again until tomorrow.  Their foals are both doing very well.  Jewel's udder was checked and it seems to have gone down some and no waxing. She was put in the back pasture for the day.  I had to run in to Meister's to pay the first of the month bills a day late then to Sam's and Aldis for groceries. 
The expensive washing machine part came in today and this evening Philip came with the 3 girls to fix the washer. The girls played here while Philip ran up to the apartment. He had it fixed very quickly. These adult children are geniuses. Truly all of them can fix anything.  Last week Sarah took the apartment sweeper to Rhoda and Lee fixed it over the weekend. It will be nice not to have to take my sweeper to the apartment for each cleaning. 
As soon as Phil was done fixing the washing machine I fried up those mushrooms for him and Mark.  They really are such a good treat.  Jewel was brought back inside for the night. She is content eating her hay with no sign of labor. I'll keep the monitor on the phone by the bed but I'm pretty sure there will be no baby tonight. 



No comments:

Post a Comment