Thursday, May 16, 2019

Another Surprise by Lily

I went out to work this morning around 6:30 and checked all the mares before heading into the barns to feed. Mark came out and helped fix 2 downed boards the Gypsy knocked down and then I left on the walk.  After the walk I had breakfast, listened to Fred Witzig give a message on AC Central then headed out to finish up the apartment for the guests coming in tonight. Only then did I see something standing next to Lily.  I put a halter on Lily and snapped a couple pictures before taking them inside.



Lily had a FILLY born a month early but already strong, standing and nursing all between 6:30 am and 10:00 am.  They were taken inside and the cord iodined.

 In the picture below this filly is exhausted. That being born then having to walk all the way up to the barn is hard work. She napped then got right back up and nursed some more.  

This is Lily's 14th foal for us and each of them end up truly amazing.  We kept 2 of Lily's foals, Ayanna and Rosalie. Both of which are gorgeous, have spectacular movement and huge. Rosalie now tops 17 hands!  This filly has something great in store for who ever buys her. Now that I have made the birth announcement I WILL finish the apartment. It is so hard to work that kind of work when there are new foals on the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment