Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Rainy Trail Ride

I had to leave the barn before Jewel's colt was nursing as the Berean meal needed to be cooked before the walk.  Thankfully I was able to watch him on the monitor while cooking and saw him find the milk bar and nurse well. On our walk we stopped in to show him off to the ladies. According to them He is very tall and gorgeous.  I appreciate the monitor as I was able to keep an eye on him while at the Berean office. If you would like to see what we did there this morning click HERE. As soon as I got home I drove straight up to the barn to check on them, clean the stall, feed and fill water buckets.  Jewel had delivered the placenta so that was taken out and buried. Julie arrived with Livy and Emma and of course they were wearing their horsemeister shirts. That almost didn't happen. Julie thought they were in the washer but it turned out they were in the dryer and the girls were relieved. They went right to work playing with Jewel's colt so I could get pictures for the website.


 He is very friendly but soon needed a snack.


Karin arrived and today she was taking the girls out on the 'death trails' but making them ride bareback. Emma was in charge Cookie while Livy was in charge of Missy.



 They each needed a little help with the bridle but both girls were close to being able to bridle their own horse.
 Livy led the way,
 followed by Emma and Cookie
 Karin rode Sally and took the chain saw with her. 
About 15 minutes after they left the rain started. I didn't stick around and didn't hear how the ride went but I'm sure they came back safe. 
This evening we had a lot of fun. Everyone except Rhonda (who had a grand child concert to attend) went to mom's for the evening for games. Mom had purchased 3 shirts at Goodwill. Ruth liked two of them but the shirt mom picked out for me was so see through we were all scandalized.

No comments:

Post a Comment