Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Tornado

We had a pretty morning and a beautiful sunny warm day. There was a chance of storms this afternoon but one went North and one went South leaving us high and dry. We had an amazing day at Berean, some of our snow birds have flown home and all ready to work. To read about our day there click HERE.  As soon as I finished the Berean work I met Karin at Middle Grove to bring home Rosalie and Whitney. They both have vet appointments on Friday. Karin and I had a pretty good hike to find the herd but when we did Rosalie and Whitney were both easy to halter and start leading back. We had one problem, Whistler, Sheena's colt, kept following Whitney and had to be chased off. Whitney has been his second mother since weaning. He was not happy and went off bucking and galloping back to the herd. Both mares loaded fine although Whitney is too long to fit in the slant load and the divider needed to be tied to the side of the trailer. When we got home they both were needing to be hosed off, both had obviously been rolling in the pond and had quite a bit of mud. Rosalie was surprisingly good for that. Last year she wanted nothing to do with the hose but she remembered even though she was loose in the arena she stood stock still until both sides were hosed. She was taken out to the round pen to dry off in the sunshine while I worked on Whitney. But before I went back in the barn a few pictures were taken.



She didn't want to run and I didn't want to chase her so didn't really get any action shots. Rhoda is planning on coming on Friday to work her. Both mares were put away around 5:00 pm. Mark reminded me last night that he was going to be late tonight and I over slept this morning not waking until after 6:00 am which didn't give us time to go vote so I decided not to wait for him and drove to the polling place. For some reason I thought they closed at 6:00 pm and didn't want to get there too late but when I arrived found out they were open until 7:00 pm. I had to wait, there were 5 people ahead of me waiting and 3 booths all full. It took about 15 minutes until my turn. When I got home Mark had already arrived so we drove back to the polling place so he could vote too. This evening as the sun was setting, huge dark clouds were building and flashing light. The constant rumble of thunder made me decide to put car in the garage and the van in the barn when I went up to feed and clean stalls. There was no wind at all but the clouds were really putting on a light show flashing all over with lightning off in the distance. I went down to the house to grab the camera but just couldn't capture the light show. Rachel posted the picture below:
Mark came out to watch the show too when the lightning lit up a tornado off towards Hanna City. I exclaimed to Mark, "I just saw a tornado!" but of course then it all went dark. I thought it must have been just a cloud went inside and all the sirens went off , the phone screaming out the alert that a tornado touched down in Hanna City and to take cover. Right about then we heard the roar of the wind then the hail started slamming into the house.  It was all over in about 10 minutes but the news is reporting a home lost a roof in Hanna City. Sure hope it wasn't David Jacob's JUST finished house. Below are a couple before and after pictures of his house.
Before above and below the same room after

 Above is before and below is after.
Great job Rachel for designing and doing a lot of the labor. Rachel can do ANYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment