Saturday, March 26, 2016

Coloring Easter Eggs

Ben and Taunya were the first to arrive,  coming this morning before I got home with Nancy. We had a fun but also productive day. Mark and Ben fixed the golf cart. Nancy was taken shopping for her own Easter basket plus the goodies to go in the basket. She had a ball. All of the grand kids made it today except Israel who was already booked at another grandma's house. When Rhoda and Lee arrived they took Addyson, Jack and Rubie for a boat ride, then a nice long walk.
The dogs were taken into the pond pasture where Darcy saw the geese, chased the geese and fell into the pond by accident. We thought Rhoda was going to have to go swimming to save her. She went right under then doggy paddled to safety.
 This was a pair of geese that had their nest right by the shoreline. They were sitting on 3 eggs.
Everyone had a good time coloring the Easter Eggs. 
 After that was finished the kids all played outside.
Of course lots of pictures were taken and posted on Mark's facebook page. To see them click HERE.
There really is no new horse news today, none of the mares are any different from yesterday. A very nice message came in today. I"m posting the entire bit here starting with the question, my response then  Lori (a lady that bought Walker Sally's filly and exported her to Canada) response.

Hi Judy, This is Lori, Chloes owner. I had a question to ask you if you don't mind. My cousin is thinking of importing a horse from the US. When I purchased Chloe from you, you covered the cost of all the health certificates needed. Is it standard practice for breeders to do this or was I just lucky to be dealing with you?

I'm not sure, here in the US it is the sellers responsibility to provide the coggins and health papers from state to state but it cost quite a bit more to export to Canada. The travel certificate (heath paper) was about $150 instead of $35.00. So I guess if the seller was not wanting to pay the entire amount they could offer to cover the usual. We have just always paid it as I figure it is the cost of doing business.

Thanks for getting back to me. That is what I thought. Just so you know, after reading the contract with this breeder Horsemeister is definitely an outstanding business. It absolutely puts you in a class of your own.





Hor

No comments:

Post a Comment