Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ylse, Jenis and Caspian

I drove out to the farm this morning by 7:15 and was in time to join the walkers, Diane, Joan, Rachel and mom, they let me feed Lily first. It was a great start to the morning and things are looking up. Sometimes just being able to share concerns are wonderful. Joan and Rachel are both vaulting parents so I asked them if they felt the Jeff Moore clinic was worth the money. Both said YES, in fact Rachel said she wishes she would have let Luke go to it also. That is good to hear, both ladies are conservative in their spending (in other words, tight).:o)
After cleaning Lily's stall, feeding, watering, giving her the sulpha, taking her temp and changing her bandage I took off for home. I was surprised to find that it was 8:45am. Where does the time go? It is such a beautiful sunny cool day, I started work on my paddock and worked for 3 hours, I am probably about half done but enough that I could move in a round bale and get it ready for the horses. I left at 12:30 to pick them up, Sarah Reinhard came over to help me load and by 1:00pm I was on my way to Bridlewood. I think the horses are glad to be back, at least by tonight they will be as they will get turned out on pasture at night and brought back in by day. Both mares are showing their pregnancy, how I am praying we have good deliveries and healthy foals. We want to take both Jenis and Ylse to the Northern IL Horse Fest with their foals. Monica Fritzenmeier and Rhoda will be doing a 6-10 minute show with them. Steven is going to go to help Karin with the vaulting as Sarah is stepping down from lunging. This is one of our favorite horse fairs and I highly recommend it. It is small enough to easily see everything but VERY entertaining. The breed and sport demo's are very well thought out and some of the acts are first class. I wish the IL Horse Fair would take a lesson on this one and demand their breed and sport demos be more than just riding around the arena.

No comments:

Post a Comment