Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Website Down

This morning as of midnight our website was down. I started getting calls around 6:00am. I could not get it back on line until after 8:00am. At least it was an easy problem to fix. Steven Marchal drove to the farm early today, took care of Lily, grained Raven, Lily, Ciera, Sanna and Samantha. He also got Samantha covered so I will mark her down. I am checking into embryo transplant but that will probably be too expensive this year and I haven't recouped from Lily's colic surgery. We only have 6 days once she is out of season to find a recipient mare, do the flush and implant the embryo. I will have to get Samantha sonagramed to find out where she is in her season if we decide to go through with it.
Today was a long day at work, I didn't get off until 4:30pm, that sounds like plenty of time to get home and fix dinner but it just didn't happen. Someone was shooting off fireworks which started the mares running here at Bridlewood and they broke a fence. Once that was repaired it was already 5:30pm and Mark was home, but no dinner prepared. He was good about it, when out, picked some fresh rasberries and had them on a bowl of cereal. I have company coming in from Utah tomorrow and need to clean the house and wash sheets. It is a couple and their 3 almost adult children. Rhoda is giving up her bedroom for the couple and we will use Sarah's room and the 2 attic rooms for the kids. Sarah and Rhoda will share the bedroom by the laundry room for 2 nights.
Mom asked for 6 dozen eggs, she is also having company but hers doesn't come in until Friday for the Zeug reunion. Ours leaves Friday morning to head out to the lake for the reunion. My mom was a Zeug and most of her family is coming. I'm serving breakfast on Saturday for about 80 people. Earl Ringger called me on the way to the farm tonight. He would like to sell Chiquita. Chiquita is in foal to Raven so if someone wants to make an offer on her he would probably accept it.
I tried Lily in the small paddock tonight, just for a few minutes but it just didn't work. She tried to run, then she reared up and bucked. I was able to stop her after the first buck but she is not to be moving around so I had to put her back in the stall. I'll try tomorrow for a few minutes and see if she will settle down if I'm grooming her while she is in the paddock.

No comments:

Post a Comment