Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Police Visit

We are sound asleep at 1:00am when Mark hears tapping on our door, he goes downstairs and there is a police man from the county. He tells Mark that the city police need our phone number, one of the Meister trucks was just pulled over with an intoxicated driver. Now, I need to tell you, the police can't figure out our phone number because NO one knows how to spell our last name but the truck has Meister on it and everyone in the city knows where the Meisters live, in that big old house next to the cemetery so the city sends a county man to the house to wake us up. Even though our name is Sceggel, the police know where to come to talk to the Meisters. Mark gives the county officer our phone number and when the phone rings at 1:10am, it wakes me up. I can hear Mark talking to someone and can't imagine who is calling us at this time in the morning. Mark comes back upstairs and tells me that I need to get dressed and drive him down into the south end of Peoria to pick up a truck. When we get down to the south end of Peoria, actually Griswold and Montana streets, I'm shocked to see the truck is attached to our 16 foot hydraulic trailer. The man that "borrowed" the truck to go drinking, oh excuse me, as the police told us he said he borrowed it to go do his laundry, was driving around the south end of Peoria with a huge honken trailer hooked to the back. I don't know where he got the alcohol whether at a private home or bars but it had to look strange weaving down the road at 1:00 in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment