Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Time to Move the Mares


Well tomorrow I have free to start moving horses. I will take Ylse and Jenis to my place. I want to have Jenis at Bridlewood for foaling. I've posted a picture of her with her first filly Abby. She is due in July and I want her to be here at least a month. I also think I will bring Caspian here. He needs to have his feet trimmed and Tyler Joos, our farrier comes regularly to Bridlewood. Lily was great for her bandage change. I was able to get lots of pus out today by pushing up along the incision, also I am using a bladder control pad directly on the suture line to soak up drainage. Each time I take it off, I'm shocked at how much has come out. Today at Walmart I bought a big bag of 42 of them so I know I have enough for 20 days. I stopped at TSC, picked up 3 more bags of bedding and took it out with me along with more fly spray. After I cleaned Lily's stall, I poured out a bag of the bedding pellets, Ciera wanted to play with the bag so we ended up having a fun game with it. She would paw it, jump back, kick out and come right back to it. I picked it up and rubbed it all over her body, she was enjoying it but I had to quit and head home to make dinner. I got 2 checks in the mail today, one for a stud fee and one for a payment on Caspian. Every little bit helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment