Monday, June 15, 2009

Jake and Andi's Shower

I had to be at the fellowship hall today by 5:00pm to set up for Jacob Meister and Andi Jo Gerst's shower. Sarah came with me to set up the chairs and tables. While she was working on the chairs, I got the coffee going. We realized there was no ice so I had to run to Sams for a big bag. There were 11 helpers with this shower and we served a very nice salad with grilled chicken strips, strawberries, sliced almonds, crasins and feta cheese to add along with the dressing. Each lady also made a dessert. The trays looked very nice. We had 75 people come to the shower and Jake and Andi got lots of very nice gifts. I stayed late to clean up the fellowship hall so I was very glad my mom was willing to feed Lily. Steven Marchal called and offered to take care of her tomorrow morning. I am so glad to take him up on that offer. It is almost 10:00pm and I'm not going to even turn out the mares tonight. I'm going to sleep in tomorrow. I don't have to be at work until 8:30am. I still have to arrange someone to meet the gravel truck. I've got to take his number to work and call him to find out about what time he will be at the farm with the first load.

No comments:

Post a Comment