Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Our Friesian Stallion RAVEN's Collection

Well everything is again muddy at the farm. We got another inch of rain today out there. When Dr. Hoerr called I asked him how the semen quality was by today after collecting on Sunday and he told me "EXCELLENT!" Raven really does just keep getting better with age. It's hard to believe we have owned him for 7 years. Mark and I were invited to mom's for a wonderful steak dinner. She made a wonderful spinach dish, corn, salad with all the fixings and fantastic grilled steak. We had mint chocolate chip ice cream for dessert. Then Tim and Joan walked over to the farm with us for Tim to scope out the apartment. He got a good idea of what to start on when Diane came over and between Diane, Joan and I we decided what to do with Raven's shelter. Tim and Mark cut windows, Diane has the paint and tomorrow I will work on painting the wood. We left for home by dark. I sure wished that I had our camera. Sally's filly is exquisite!

No comments:

Post a Comment