Saturday, June 6, 2009

skid steer


Our wonderful skid steer has developed a leak, OH NO! Both Mark and Mike have been adding water and antifreeze to it. The last time it was in for repairs it seemed to take forever to get it back. Funny before we had it we didn't know what we were missing, once it was gone we couldn't wait to get it back.
Karin fed Lily for me last night so we could go with our family out to eat at Scapecchi's for dinner. They have wonderful steaks and sweet potatoes. After dinner we swung by the farm to change Lily's bandage, clean her stall and Mark hooked up the dump trailer to get ready for moving manure.
I'm having a family get together tomorrow night, hopefully most of our immediate Meister family can come, I think the numbers are around 80 - 90 people if you count all the babies. Mom knows the correct count, I'll have to ask her.
I turned Jenis, Ylse, and Caspian out last night, they were so glad for the grass. This morning around 6:30 I call them in and they all came running. It only took me one day to teach them this. I LOVE IT when I call the horses and they come at a gallop. Jenis and Ylse are so impressive when they are running. Their hair flying, their impressive movement and their black shiny color. If the sun was bright I would want to take a video but this early it is just coming up. I posted a picture of Sanna's filly from last year, isn't she cute? I hope both of these girls have beautiful healthy foals.I'm having my coffee, I'll read the paper, then take off for the farm to feed Lily.

No comments:

Post a Comment