Monday, June 1, 2009

Lily

UPDATE: Things are NOT good with Lily. Her stitches are breaking down and causing infection. We are worried about the abdominal wall breaking down. I've ordered her a belly band that will be shipped over night, the cost will be more than $600.00 by the time I pay for everything but if we are to save her this will give her the best chance. I decided not to spend the money on a sonagram for Lily, more than likely she lost the foal she was carrying and even if she did lose the foal I'm not going to be breeding her any time soon, I don't even know if I can save her life. Sangria's colt got his tetanus shot, Big Sally's colt also got his tetanus shot. Myrrhcedes' eye will be fine, no scratches on the actual eye, just an abrasion above it.
This morning Lily's incision is swelling and weeping. Dr. Pallen first suggested that I take her to UofI but I really don't want to have her stand in a trailer getting bumped around for 2 hours. Lily is not running a fever and she is eating and drinking well so I don't think it is infected, I just don't know what to think. I guess that's what we pay the vets for. Jamie found out that I was having them come and asked me to have them look at Myhrrcedes eye. She bumped it and cut it on a bolt. Then Rachel found out and asked if they could look at Sandy for her. They offered to share the farm call so if which ever vet comes out doesn't mind checking the other 2 horses it may not be so expensive for me.
Jamie just called to tell me that she was in a bad accident and she and Ralph are on the way to the hospital. Her SUV is totaled and the Emergency personal want them checked out as both are banged up. A lady driving a car with 2 young children pulled out in front of them and Jamie couldn't stop in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment