Friday, June 19, 2009

Made It!

I made it home from Wisconsin. That wouldn't usually be saying much but the storms I drove through were the worst driving I've ever had to do. The rain was coming down so hard that we were crawling down the interstate at 20 miles an hour and even then when the van in front of me put his brakes on, I didn't see it in time and had to slam on my brakes. Remember we are only going 20 and couldn't see 20 feet in front of us.
Lady is now delivered to her new home.
Karin was really pleased with the new gravel. She is ready for our vaulting camp except Spark had to borrow the video camera for boys camp so we are scrambling to find one we can use. If any one out there wants to lend us one it would be GREATLY appreciated.
Steven called to tell me that he had to refill Lily's water by 1:00pm. It is so hot and humid today that she and Ciera are drinking a lot. I'm keeping Lily's bandage off for the night. Tomorrow morning is the test. If there is lots of swelling on her belly back on it goes.
Sitting at my desk at work typing this because we still have no internet at home, I see Philip leaving work. He is usually off by 4:00pm so hopefully the big job he is managing for Meister Bro has not developed a problem. When dealing with so much rain and as Sarah told me today, golf ball size hail, the job can't help but come up with complications. At least I didn't have to drive through hail.
Tonight if we can get between storms, Mark and I have a few more things to do at the farm before Karin's camp. A new storm is building as I type so we may be taking the night off. Karin just called and the people driving down from Wisconsin tonight for her camp (2 adults 8 kids) are running into some problems with Wild Life Prairie park where they have reservations to stay tonight. There is no electricity out there because of the storms and they haven't been able to reach them by phone. I told Karin to call them back and have them come straight to the lake, we can surely find enough places to put them up for the night. She really called me to ask if I would bring scrambled eggs for breakfast if they do end up at the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment