Friday, June 26, 2009

Practice

I had to be at Diane's at 10:00am to practice for our coming up reunion the 4th of July weekend. The 7 sisters are singing together so we thought we probably aught to practice. Because of coming at 10:00 I asked Diane if she would be willing to feed and water Lily for me but when Steven Marchal got to the farm around 10:30am all of Lily's water buckets were empty and there was no hay in her stall. Turned out Mike told Diane he would feed her and I think he only fed her a flake thinking we would be there soon and would want to clean her stall. We moved Walker Sally and her filly Chloe in with the herd and I started working on that paddock and shed. I will need to take Aleve tonight, I shoveled and moved about 10 wheelbarrows full of heavy manure.
Kate Johnson called and told me that Dr. Hoerr is actually coming now on Monday afternoon so I will get to be there. Steven was going to cover for me on Tuesday because of work. Kate is bringing all three of her mares over on Sunday, she wants Dr. Hoerr to pull their coggins for the year. We tried Velvet and she is not in season so I will have her sonagramed as well. I also will have Dr. Hoerr take Lily's staples out and hopefully he will tell me I can move her into the small paddock, at least at night. Lily is no better and maybe a little more swollen today. Ciera really needs to get out of the stall. She is 2 months old and she wants to RUN!!!
We needed more diesel fuel for the skid steer so I took 3 of our containers and ran to the gas station. I really hate using my car for that, it always spill some and then the car stinks. After dropping off the fuel, I took off to clean up and get to the bank to put the camp checks into the bank and have a cashier check drawn for the final payment on the surcingle. Leave it to Karin to find the exact surcingle she wants, buy it and have it paid for in 2 months. We would have saved for a year and still may not have found the best one for the money. Karin really did her research and got a wonderful one for our advanced vaulters. Now she wants to buy another complete set we can use for our beginner camps. Oh well, I'm sure she will come up with more fund raisers to pay for it. On the way back to the farm, I stopped at Doubets for more bedding. They only had 7 bags of the Best Cobb so I also bought their last 7 bags of ground corn cob. It is suppose to be absorbent but I don't think it is quite as good as the Best Cobb. The bill came to $93.93 and I had to write a check. At least I have enough bedding for a couple of weeks. Good thing the month is almost over. I really need to get out to Middle Grove and get updated pictures. Don't know when that will happen, tomorrow is AC Senior High Girls Camp at Norris, IL and Karin and I are hauling out 7 horses for it. The camp started today and ends on Sunday but we only have to provide the horses for one day.
A good thing that happened today is the middle paddock is finally ready to be scraped and Mike started it. Steven worked on it for about a hour, then Mike is going to work on it more tonight after work. Tim Reinhard is working on our office and it is really coming along. He is back from Haiti until the end of July. Once I unloaded the bedding I fed Raven, fly sprayed him, then headed home for dinner. Tonight I made grilled chicken salad and we had fresh picked raspberries with french vanilla cream for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment