Friday, October 11, 2024

To Keep or Not

 I was up before 5:00 am and needed to start the coffee maker as I just couldn't make myself wait for that first cup. Yesterday we had our dinner at 2:30 pm as we skipped lunch so this morning we were hungry for breakfast. By 7:00 am I had sausage, eggs and pancakes all ready for our hungry tummies. I knew Ruth was camping at Middle Grove and also knew Mike and Diane drove out last night but didn't know they came back and did not spend the night so when Diane called to ask if I was walking I was surprised. I was already outside working so just took the golf cart over to meet Diane. Karin had her closing on her house today so needed to leave by 7:30 am. Instead of walking we just went straight to mom's house. Diane stayed with mom and aunt Jinnie while I went first to the barn to do a final check, then to the apartment. I had a message this morning wanting the dimensions of the green hay rack so stopped there next. Mark was just coming into the barn with a tape measure so we got that done very quickly.

I listed it on Facebook market place yesterday as it was in the way and we haven't used it. When Karin was back Leah was taken out and teased. She is still in and covered by Valiant.
She gets a treat for standing well and was waiting patiently for me to bring it.
Once she was put away, Mark wanted my help getting the forks on the tractor. Mark ordered 2 pallets of cement bags and we need the tractor fork to get those off the truck. We will also need the fork to unload the building supplies for that small addition he wants put in front of the door. Next I used the mower to go over the area I mowed a couple days ago for the wedding on Saturday. The mower does well with getting rid of the grass clippings. Just then the hipcamper arrived. They are actually here for the Spoon River Drive and will not spend a lot of time at our place but they were glad to have a place to park their camper and hook up with electricity and water.  My next job was to go to Aldi to get the ingredients for chicken stir fry. We will have that for our Sunday dinner but when I asked mom and Aunt Jinnie what they would like for a meal on Saturday when I take them to Middle Grove camping they also chose chicken stir fry.  Once home from Aldi the vegetables were chopped and the chicken cut up. I made one batch for Mark and my dinner tonight with plenty to take tomorrow. All the vegetables are chopped for Sunday's dinner but I will still need to cut up chicken for that meal. Both Mark and I really enjoyed the meal. This stir fry had chicken, carrots, onion, celery, cauliflower, broccoli, sugar snap pea pods, mushrooms, zucchini and a few peanuts. I added rice for a side dish. The left over rice was added to all the chicken and vegetables for tomorrow's meal but it will still be good. After supper I made 2 pans of brownies. One to take to Middle Grove and one for our Sunday meal.  Joan called this evening asking to use the tractor and the green hay wagon to give hay rack rides. We had taken the hitch off the tractor and put the log splitter on as we needed more weight on the back of the tractor. BUT we always like to have at least 2 ways of doing things around here. She used the Grasshopper mower to pull the wagon. 


We have someone coming tomorrow morning to check out the wagon but now we are wondering if we should keep it.  Edited it to add: we cancelled the buyer and have decided to keep the wagon. Amy said SO and of course she has the final word. (Well her advice was good as that wagon was fun last night for the young group)



No comments:

Post a Comment