Thursday, October 17, 2024

Not So Quick Trip

 Just as the sun was coming up and starting to light up the Western sky Rachel sent the picture below. That sun was also still lighting up the moon.

A harvest moon shining above the corn still needing to be harvested. It was such a pretty morning I drove out to get a few pictures myself. As it was only 34 degrees, there was frost on the ground and the lake was smoking with the mist drifting upwards.  The picture below is looking across the fields to Joan's house with the lake mist in the background.
Crossing the retention dam the sun was just starting to rise over the treeline.
The mist was obscuring the reflection on the lake but still beautiful.
I came up the short cut, Oliver saw me on the golf cart and came running. That is Leah to the right and behind him, hanging out near Evan.
When Oliver came so did Madiera and her colt just in case that golf cart had some grain on it.
My guest was out walking her French Bulldog.
This was the very first time I've seen a Frenchy in the flesh. He is adorable, friendly and a little pudgy. Both Ruth and Fedi are sick, Fedi got out of the hospital but they both caught something when IN the hospital. Ruth did not come on the walk. 
The picture below was taken as we were walking towards Joan's house.
Above is looking towards Spark's dock and below is looking across the lake to Joan's beach.
We stopped at mom's for a short visit. While there I took a few more pictures off mom's deck. The burning bush is becoming ruby red.
The picture below is looking across the lake to Rachel's house.
The video shows the mists floating upwards.
Mark had a dentist appointment this morning for his clean and check so I met Ralph and Jamie at the Hog Trough and we enjoyed a good breakfast together. After breakfast the barn was finally cleaned up from last Sunday dinner. It wasn't bad and took less than a couple hours. I left then for a 2 hour trip to Decatur, IL to pick up a surprise for the Meister Christmas although it will also be used for the Davidovic Christmas and maybe even a bunch more. I actually drove to the Decatur Lake.
It is an impressive lake. Earlier I spent some time searching for a rental house on that lake big enough for our family but wasn't able to find any. There are some camp sites not far from the lake so I may check into those.  The people I was to meet at the lake ended up with a flat so I had to drive to them. 
That took a while and I wasn't able to get home until after 5:00 pm. 
Mark took the picture below of me trying the gift out.
I'm pretty sure it will be a hit. 
At 6:00 pm Mark and I went over to start winterizing the campers but didn't get too far. It just is getting dark too soon. We will continue that job tomorrow morning and hopefully get them all in the barn before noon. Joan has a big young group invite coming to her house tomorrow evening and will need the parking places.  The motorhome will not yet be winterized as that is going out for another rental soon. 






No comments:

Post a Comment