Monday, October 7, 2024

Up and Running

 On our walk this morning we stopped at mom's and saw a diving duck pop up from under the water. 

We don't usually have these in or on the lake so Joan wanted mom to see it also. Mom said she has seen them fly in before but they don't usually stick around. Mom, Karin and Aunt Jinnie were just setting down for Breakfast so we stayed and visited for a bit. I left at 8:30 to go home and make breakfast for Mark. Today I fried up a potato left over from last night's supper and added eggs and sausage. We both enjoyed that.  The horses were put out to graze. 

The vet clinic was called to get an appointment for Madiera. I have to have her at the clinic at 8:00 am on Wednesday so will skip the walk that day to get them loaded by 7:30 am. Hopefully that will go smoothly. I'll need to take her colt with her.
Mark went out to start his latest cement job while I went up to the apartment to make sure it was ready for the guests coming in then over to the barn to work on putting away dishes from yesterday.  Philip called while I was there to let me know he was coming after work today to set up a computer system. Here he had ordered everything last week and it arrived today. Mark is going to use the one we just ordered last night as his computer stopped working today. Amazing how that worked out! Mark needed a little help with the concrete.


He thought he had enough concrete taken over but when he was filling it realized he would need a few more bags so I mixed while he took the golf cart over to the barn to get more bags.
We worked together on the smoothing the surface.
Phil arrived as we were finishing up and before I knew it he had me all set up with the computer and two monitors. He showed me how they work and I went right to work.
I had to quit though as Madiera wanted to come in for a drink. 
Mark left to Home Depot to get a quote on a pallet of the 60 pound bags of cement. He picked up 6 bags tonight so he can do one more entrance way at the new barn. While he was out shopping I was working on the website and learning the new video editing program on this computer.
I didn't take any videos today so just took this one tonight and learned how to speed up or slow down and learned transitions.

Time to quit but so glad to have a computer system up and running.













No comments:

Post a Comment