Friday, July 15, 2022

Rainy Friday

 We had rain during the night but when I went out to feed early this morning the rain had stopped. I went to grab the grain bucket and noticed what looked like a spider web with hundreds of insects. This bucket had been used yesterday so this was a mystery and before I stuck my hand in to clean out the spider web thought I should turn the light on in the grain shed for a better look.

Right about then I noticed the HUGE wolf spider on the side of the feed scoop. Those tiny little dots were not insects they were hundreds of baby spiders.
I took the bucket outside and just turned it on it's side so they could all get out and decided to just use a different bucket and another scoop.
Hopefully by morning they will all have left the nest. The horses were fed and I was pleased to see that the orphan and Tessa, Rosaleigh's filly now share a bucket.
The rain started back up just in time for our walk so I grabbed an umbrella and started hiking. Diane, Ruth and Joan also had umbrellas.
The rain lasted most of the day. I left for Sam's club right after the walk and was supposed to pick up 2 rotisserie chickens for Joan, one for Karin and one for our house but when I got to Sam's there were none and they weren't cooking any either. I picked up a few items we needed then drove home in the rain.  Joan, her kids and their guests were all busy weeding around the new barn this afternoon. This was supposed to be a surprise but I caught them as I was driving over to mom's at 3:00 pm.
They did a wonderful job and I am thankful. With my leg and all I don't bend very well and would not have done this job. It really does look nice.
When I reached mom's Ruth was having mom practice reaching for the wheel chair and standing by herself.  Karin, Joan and I started singing and dancing around her chair to help encourage her but she started laughing so hard at that spectacle she couldn't move and of course we were laughing just as hard. Ruth thinks no help is better than bad help.
Mark brought Karin, mom and I a very nice dinner of Chinese food. It was delicious and we all enjoyed it. After dinner mom wanted a hot tub so Karin and I made that happen. The last job tonight was to take the colt his formula then wash the bucket.  Amy sent the picture below. Even with the rain they are having a wonderful time camping. 













No comments:

Post a Comment