Monday, July 11, 2022

Busy but Good

 Ruth is camping at the playground with 3 of her grandchildren and brought them on the walk.  When we reached Joan's we had to wait for her to feed Dr. Who who had just flown down for some fresh butchered rabbit Chris Schmidgall provided out of her yard.

Ruth let her grands ride in the back of her car on the way back as Jordan didn't have any shoes.
After the walk I left first for the Peoria post office to pick up the Berean mail then drove to Goodfield, IL to pick 80 pounds of mare milk replacer. That now cost $295.31.  I was going to pick up grain there but the price per 50 pound bag was over $18.00 a bag so stopped at TSC on the way home and bought 8 bags of 12% for $108.41. That was awful to get into the car. I had loaded it on a flat bed cart then had to push that 400 pounds up a hill to my car. If I let go of the cart it would start rolling backward. I was able to brace it against the cart return while I got 2 of the bags unloaded but when I grabbed the 3rd bag the cart moved enough it went backward through the cart return and crashed at the back. The rest of the bags had to be hauled one at a time through that cart return and thrown into the car. Thankfully unloading went much easier. Anna and the girls were at the lake swimming so once the grain was unloaded and the horses fed I headed over to the playground. Taunya arrived with her 4. Abe was busy sweeping all the fallen mulberries off the tramp. 
They soon joined the rest of the kids at the lake.
I joined mom and Ruth on the deck to watch the fun from the shade.
Mom was telling me what happened today with Ruth.
Mom was laughing while telling me so of course I started laughing too but Ruth and Rachel were both pretty shook up when it happened. In the picture below see that group of kids in the lake over by Rachel's house?
These are the little bit older grandchildren with tubes and rafts visiting with each other. I tried to zoom in to get a better picture but the phone can't zoom in that far.
They were really enjoying each other's company. A little later Berlica and Rochelle came over with Berlica towing Roshelle behind her in the unicorn. They gave kids rides in it. Taegan was the first after Rochelle and that unicorn dumped her off into the lake.

I headed home around 2:00 pm and was just taking up the colt's milk when Amy called to say they were at Joan's but heading this way. She and her daughters and grand daughters are going to go camping next week and wanted to see the layout of the motorhome. After visiting a bit I came back inside to work on the vacation video when I heard the propane truck arrive.
We were down to 5 % propane at the apartment and were really hoping to hold off getting it until July as the rates are always a little cheaper then. Thankful we made it as the new airbnb guest and his 3 sons arrived just then. They were all going to want hot showers. The dad told us the hotel he was staying in was a dump and so filthy they didn't use the shower. The camping video was uploaded onto Youtube as soon as it was finished. It is a little long but we packed a lot into those 3 full days. 
The colt was just fed his last feeding for the day and I'm going to head to bed soon. Another long busy but good day. OH yes IF you get the chance go to AC Central and listen to Jeff Waibel speak in Prescott Sunday. It was a very good and helpful sermon on Ephesians 3 and Psalm 103, I listened to that as I was transferring files over from the laptop to the desktop.












No comments:

Post a Comment