Monday, July 25, 2022

Busy Long Day

 My day started earlier than expected. I saw a white pickup truck coming down our drive. It wasn't our airbnb guests as they didn't come in a truck. After feeding the colt, Jewel and her filly were brought inside so I could clean up the filly's leg and was saddened to see it was much worse today.  The swelling was worse and the openings had closed over with sticky fluid. I had to scrub and scrub. They were left in the stall while I left for the walk. On our walk there was that white pickup truck again. It was a man coming to rent the Wolf Pup, he showed up over an hour early. Joan stayed and got him hooked up while Ruth, Diane and I kept walking. We stopped and admired Joan's Hibiscus plant. The blooms are just beautiful. 

After the walk I ran in to Hanna City to pick up 6 and a half dozen eggs from a lady selling them. They are mostly pullet eggs and a little over priced at $3.00 a dozen but they are fresh. One dozen was dropped off at mom's house.  Once home I went back to work on the filly's leg then left them in the stall while the  apartment was cleaned. The airbnb guests had left early. I listened to Jeff Waibel at Leo on AC Central while cleaning. All the laundry was taken down to the house as I had more guests moving in today.  The apartment was finished by 11:00 am and the next people sent the message it was ready and they could move in any time. Only then did I leave for the Peoria post office. That was a little depressing, I had over 10 Bibles returned and owed the post office $41.26. I didn't take the time to see why so many were returned. When I got home Jewel's filly was no better but Jewel wanted to go out so they were put out. The filly walked over to the salt block again and started licking that so maybe she isn't as bad off as I think. Later I saw her grazing and keeping up with the rest.  We have the hole dug for her grave but I was hoping we wouldn't need it. Sheena was grazing in the pond pasture so I watched to see if she would come up to Valiant's paddock but today she completely ignored him. I will still tease her tomorrow morning early just in case. The stall was cleaned up and the barn swept then I headed in to finish the apartment laundry. Mark got home around 1:00 pm so we left for TSC to pick up 3 hog panels and the new picnic table for the 5th wheel campsite.  I unloaded the table and opened up the box to get it ready to put together,
but then Joan needed to have the Wildwood moved for the renter coming at 5:00 pm so took the truck over. The trailer was plugged in and made ready for the people coming but realized the keys to the camper were in my purse so took the car back with the keys and passed Faith on the Kubota with Mackenson and Berlica. Those 3 were heading out to do a job but I'm not sure where. 
Mark and I went out to finish putting together the picnic table. It was really hot outside and no breeze at all. The windmill was completely still. 
It took us over an hour but we finally got it put together. 
Tomorrow I'll bring out the blue outdoor rug and blue umbrella. The only thing left to do before I can advertise it is get the electric outlet on the outside of the barn wall. We have the outlet just need to get it installed. Mark took the box to the dumpster while I grained the horses then took the milk up for the orphan. While he was eating that looked for and found Abe's shoes. Those were put in my purse as tomorrow afternoon I will be with Rhoda, Anna and Taunya. 





No comments:

Post a Comment