Monday, July 4, 2022

Introducing Chocolate

 I'm saving steps and have trained Soul's orphan to come when called. Well that is I head out to the pasture with a bucket of milk and yell, "baby boy!" and he comes galloping from where ever he is.  Today he was across the dam out of sight on the other side of the pond. He came galloping up followed by the others. They saw he was getting his milk and waited until he was done before moving off.  The 3 foals were playing so I started to video.  It is Oksana's colt that is always the instigator. He just has to tease the others.

They all left once he was finished with his bucket.
I needed to be at mom's by 8:00 am so headed over as soon as the bucket was washed up. We had a very good morning.  Diane arrived right before Earl Ringger and his son David showed up with Chocolate. Chocolate is a registered Quarter horse gelding, 14.1 hands tall so technically a quarter pony. He is 19 years old and very well trained.  We are to evaluate him, have the kids ride him and then sell him except I'm pretty sure we will end up buying him ourselves.  He didn't put a foot wrong this morning.


Mike loaded him up with chain saws, weed whackers and all kinds of tools, called Faith and Berlica and they all went down to work on clearing trails.




Below is a short video of them heading down to the trails.
The best part of taking him immediatly out on a trail ride with Sally, Cookie and Missy was they bonded on that ride.  Sheena and Loxley were brought over to my place and put in with Rosaleigh, her filly and Soul's colt.  All 3 of these need grain so it just made sense to put them together. Oksana and Jewel and their 2 foals were moved into the far paddock.  I needed to be back at mom's (technically I am signed up for all day today) but when I arrived Diane and mom were busy blanching peaches and getting them ready to freeze. 
We all 3 worked on those until they were done. When those were finished I made a quick lunch of grilled chicken and ham sandwiches then Diane was willing to stay while I ran home to move in a couple bales, one for the middle paddock and one for the cabin field. When Karin came home I ran back to mom's, Joan joined us so we played a couple games before I needed to head home to make dinner to serve at mom's. Tonight I made mesquite chicken, stuffing, cantaloupe, sweet potato fries with a brown sugar butter dipping sauce and fresh picked green beans (thanks to Rhonda's garden) Rhonda if you are reading this Mark picked the riper ones then watered your garden. Rhonda and Spark are in Colorado.  Sarah and Nolan brought some friends from their church out to swim as did Kari and Brett from their church.  What was funny was both sets of friends knew each other. small world!
They all looked like they were having a good time. Mark worked worked on spreading manure and cleaning paddocks most of the day. Mom was tired this evening and by 8:00 pm more than ready for bed.  As soon as I got home I mixed up another gallon of milk, walked to the fence and yelled for baby boy. He came running. I really like this method of feeding him, it sure beats hiking up the hill and hanging the bucket up in the shelter. I got a very nice message from our airbnb guest. He wrote: I have to say, my wife and I have stayed in many Airbnb’s, and we ABSOLUTELY love your apartment here!! You have thought of everything, and it just made the weekend so relaxing and enjoyable! We’d love to stay here again and again!
The video below is here just for Aunt Jinnie. So many times heading out to collect the eggs at her place or even just walking there we would be attacked by her rooster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment