Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Clean Feet

I had a tough time rolling out of bed at 5:30 am and was thankful the coffee was ready and hot. After chugging two large coffee mugs it was time to get working. The colt was fed then Sheena brought over to Valiant and teased. She is for sure out so Mike was sent a text that today I would like to take her and Loxley to Middle Grove for 2 or 3 weeks. Beth was called just before our walk to see if she would take mom as I needed to leave early for Berean to pick up some donuts. Instead she offered to pick up the donuts then she, mom and I could go together. I was very glad to take her up on that. We stopped at Joan's to admire her hibiscus plant.  This plant has so many buds coming on ready to bloom.

I left the walk a little early so I could be at mom's by 8:00 am. We were on our way to the Berean office by 8:15 am. IF you would like to read about our morning there click HERE. We dropped off the Bibles at the Hanna City post office and when we backed into the handicapped parking spot (mom was with us) Rachel at the post office came running out to open the door for us. We were glad to get in and out quickly. Mom really wanted to get home. She asked us to call Diane and have her meet us at the post office with a bottle of water but Beth found another bottle just then. Once at her house Beth quick made us some lunch and gave me mine to go. I was thankful as the next job on the list was to get the truck hooked up to the horse trailer to start hauling to Middle Grove. Mike decided he wanted Jewel, her filly, Sheena, her colt and the 4 riding horses at the 76 acres where their cabin is. He and Diane will be staying at the cabin and this way it will be much easier to care for the horses. The horses were pleased to be out there. 
The truck needed gas and Casey's in Hanna City dropped their price from $4.89 a gallon to $4.55 a gallon.  It cost $120.00 to fill it. Oh for some mean tweets about now. I needed to be home and my feet cleaned up before 2:30 pm as Anna was picking me up then. Today was the dreaded pedicure day. Last time I had that done, probably 8-10 years ago, they used power tools on my toes and feet but not today. Today BEFORE we left for the pedicure my feet were soaked, scrubbed and sprayed with some kind of air freshener before putting on brand new socks and my new shoes.  Anna and I walked in and they immediately sat us down and stuck our clean feet in warm water. Rhoda and Taunya were a few minutes late but when they arrived they were put next to us. 


It really did help doing all that stuff earlier. The lady trimming my nails didn't need the power tools and even mentioned she could tell my feet were well scrubbed first. To be honest I really did enjoy it today. My legs and feet were massaged and while that was happening my back was getting massaged by the chair and just sitting and not working was nice. Below is the finished project.
That white stuff they put on the tips will hide any dirt or manure that gets stuck under the toe nails. This was a gift today and a special thank you to the person who paid. Since I was due at 5:00 pm at mom's with dinner I picked up fried chicken from the deli at Walmart along with some creamy soup, coleslaw, potato salad, and potato wedges. I brought cake and Bavarian cream for our dessert. After dinner Mark left to work on the electrical on the barn but wasn't able to finish that. I left mom's once she was in bed and settled. The colt was fed his last feeding of the day. The black UV light Mark bought to help catch tomato worms came so I went out to try to find some but either the light doesn't work right or we don't have any tomato worms. I couldn't find any. 








No comments:

Post a Comment