Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Frying Bacon

 It was already hot when I took the first gallon of milk out to the colt, pushing 90 at 7:00 AM. Peoria today had a high of 100 degrees. Hanna City was only predicted to be 99 degrees but I don't know what the final number was. We just knew it was really hot. I moved the horses from the far paddock into Ribbon's old paddock as that had more shade. The horses find it much harder to tolerate heat than cold. I left at 7:40 am for the Peoria post office to pick up the Berean mail. There was only one small pile of mail so Berean was called off. Instead I drove to Sam's club to pick up needed items for our camping trip this week.  When I got home 6 pounds of bacon was fried. Below are just 3 pounds cooking.

Last time we camped the bacon was the hardest food to get cooked in time for breakfast. This way I can just heat it up in the micro wave. I ended up with 2 big plates full that are now in a bowl and in the fridge. 
3 Butter braids were put in the fridge to start defrosting. Tonight they will be taken out to let rise and tomorrow morning those will be baked.  I'll also bake a bunch of biscuits tomorrow. Anything that can be made ahead of time will simplify the meals when camping. There are 22 of us going. I'll bring the campers over here tomorrow to start packing them. I also brought down the camping supplies from the upstairs closet. I'm missing my old black DELL laptop so if I lent it to anyone reading this would you let me know. I probably spent at least an hour looking for it.  I needed to be at mom's tonight with supper and tonight served a chicken and rice dish, salad, rolls and peaches on cottage cheese. It was all very good. Faith and Diane came over tonight so we played games. I didn't do very well, just too distracted with  lists going through my mind on what needs to be packed tomorrow.  After mom was in bed Faith came over to my house to learn how to feed the orphan colt. She will be caring for him while we are gone. 2 new bookings came in for the barn apartment. The first people are coming in on July 12th and staying for 4 days. Their son's are playing in the Juniors Worlds Disc Gold tournament in Peoria. The next booking is for July 29th and 30th. They are coming in for the races.  The barn apartment has been busy this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment