Saturday, July 23, 2022

98 Degrees

 Today was my turn to be at mom's early so I went out at 6:15 am to feed the colt, hose down Jewel's filly and give her the antibiotics and get Sheena covered. The colt got fed and Jewel's filly taken care of but Sheena was not up, she and Loxley were across the pond.  I got to mom's at 7:30 and mom was eating breakfast but Karin had not yet had hers so I cooked breakfast for Karin.  It was already getting too hot to be out on the deck so instead we read the Daily Bread inside. Aunt Jinnie and Janet called and we had a good talk with them about Eastern Camp. That ended last night and today were the farewells.  The final song sung during the pizza party last night God Be With You. 

Mark brought us tenderloins for lunch today from the Warehouse. Molly was VERY interested in mom's meal.
Ruth relieved me at 1:00 pm and I was shocked at the heat when I stepped outside.  It was much to hot to try to get Sheena covered so instead I went in to clean my house but laid down on the couch and fell fast asleep. I remember dreaming that I was trying to get up to work and my body just wouldn't work. That wasn't a nice dream. Mark went out to collect the mail and take mom's over and met Spark who told him about Cleve Klopfenstein. We could hardly believe it and were heart broken for Kathleen, his wife, and their children Crystal and Aaron.  Tim sent the message below:  
We are sorry to share the passing of our Bro Cleve Klopfenstein.
Bro Cleve and his family were sharing a wonderful weekend at the family cabin celebrating Cleve and Kathleen's 50th wedding anniversary.  They had a wonderful day together yesterday and today with their children and grandchildren.  Tragically, while Cleve was swimming something happened that caused him to call for help; he slipped under water and did not resurface.   Despite heroic efforts by the family and neighbors, his body was eventually recovered by the rescue squad.  
Our hearts break at this tragic loss and our prayers continue for Kathleen, Aaron, Cara, Crystal, Jay and the grandchildren who were together this weekend.
We will keep you informed as we know more.
In Christ,
Tim
Rhonda sent the link of her 98 year old Uncle's testimony and baptism. That started at 6:00 pm. I was a little late getting on because I didn't find the password right away but heard most of it.
Once that was over it was time to go back to work outside. It was no longer 98 degrees outside, it had dropped to 90 The colt's milk was made up and taken out then I had to go find Sheena. She still wasn't with the other 2 mares and foals but was in the far paddock so she and Loxley were brought out. Sheena was teased and when she showed she was still in season taken to the breeding shed paddock so Loxley could be kept in their while she was covered by Valiant. Faith and Berlica came riding over on the 4 wheeler as I was putting them away. I was able to talk to Faith about when we leave for our family vacation and how to take care of the horses while we are gone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment