Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Never Again

 A cold 23 degrees this morning and more frozen waterers.  The far paddock was one I was sure would work but was frozen solid.  The 2 weanlings in Ribbon's old paddock were moved into the middle paddock with Sally and Sterling as that waterer is still working then I left for the walk. Even before we made it one round Mark sent a text that we had a loose horse. Joan and I took the golf cart over to find Rockaway (Lola's colt) had jumped out of the paddock. It was obvious that Sally chased him out. Joan fixed the fence while I put Rockaway away then found a halter for Sally and took her over to the cabin field to join Dancer and Sheena. Sally was glad to be back but Sheena is now attached to Dancer so didn't really want anything to do with her. All three were doing well when I left.  Evan will need a new bale soon. Thankful his waterer is working. I have to string an extension cord over from the breeding shed to Valiant's to get that to work and the far paddock the breaker is popped again so not sure why that won't stay on. The cold sure makes things hard.  I picked up Aunt Jinnie for Berean. We had a very productive morning there and if you would like to read about our morning there click HERE.  This afternoon I listed to Jeff Waibel on AC Central on Isaiah 11 just to get into that Christmas spirit even though I should have been getting organized for Thanksgiving.  This talk was really thought provoking and I highly recommend listening to it so posted it below.

Mark got home too late to work on wood today. This evening Ruth, Rachel, Karin and I played games at mom's while Aunt Jinnie read to mom finishing the book Joan started earlier about the Holocaust. Listening to this true story it is so hard to believe humans could treat other humans so inhumane. People now use the saying, "never again" but I'm not so sure it won't happen again. It is a slippery slope when one set of people are considered inferior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment