Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Family Night

 I was up at 5:00 and after downing a cup of coffee started cooking. About 150 servings of party potatoes needed to be done this morning (3 double batches) as the rest of the day was pretty busy.  I followed the directions but the first batch was just a little too thick. I dumped in extra sour cream and more milk but probably should have used more butter on that batch. The next batch I automatically added extra sour cream plus threw in an extra block of cream cheese and extra milk and yet that too came out thick. The last batch turned out pretty runny but when added to the first two batches it was all just too thick.  The roaster was full to the brim and very heavy by this time so I put in 2 sticks of butter and just started praying Lord these are Your people I'm serving tonight, would you please make the potatoes edible and not just edible but tasty too?  When those were done I headed to Sam's for bananas for mom but also needed to buy the salad stuff for tonight's meal except Sam's was out of the salad mix packages. I was able to buy 4 boxes of spring mix and two packages of 6 heads of Romaine lettuce. We also needed 3 cases of 45 bottles of water along with 4 pounds of butter, 4 packages of Hawaiian rolls each with 32 rolls and 6 of the 5 pound bags of cuties. Those were taken to the fellowship hall around 10:30 am and once inside the tables and chairs were set up. I got back to mom's to find mom, Spark, Ruth and Karin all enjoying the sunshine out on mom's deck. Karin and Spark left. I went home, changed and moved Kincade in with Spirit so those two could be grained without the others stealing their food. We have so much mud right now. Kincade is pretty muddy and will need to be cleaned up before his owner picks him up on Friday. Spirit stayed pretty clean.

That is Kincade in the red halter.  The other 4 weanlings were waiting for me to dump their grain. They share grain in 2 buckets.
All 6 want to be together but then it is hard for me to make sure those that need the grain are actually getting the grain.  When I got back to mom's Ruth needed to leave for about a half hour to help Fedi so I just stayed at mom's until she got back. Mark and I left for the fellowship hall around 4:00 pm and got the food organized for tonight's supper. David and Stephanie came to help. Mark left at 5:00 pm to pick up the chicken from Kroger. That was fresh out of the fryer, hot and delicious and done on time. We were ready with everything before the starting time of 6:00 pm. We had a good turnout for family night.
Along with the chicken, party potatoes, salad, rolls and cuties there were cookies and brownies for dessert. There was plenty of food for the meal and Cody Waibel had the message on sharing the gospel. We stayed to clean up so got home late. That bed is going to feel wonderful.



No comments:

Post a Comment