Monday, November 8, 2021

Clean UP of Two

 Up early again but not quite as early as yesterday.  This morning mom's wheel chair van was taken to East Peoria Tire to get an oil changed. Mike Rieker checked over the tires for us and explained they are 2008 tires BUT they are Michelin which are very good tires so even though they are over 13 years old they are safe to use for our trips back and forth to church. However he would not recommend taking it to Gulf Shores with those tires.  The other good news on the van was when the oil was changed the service engine light turned off. As soon as I got back with the van the car was driven down to get the oil changed on that. When I got back the nurse was here checking over mom. Sarah and her girls were also there. Sarah had brought a camera for us to try tonight.  Aunt Jinnie gave Zion her  wrist band of flowers from the wedding Saturday. 

Zion went right over to share it with her sister Eden.
River got to sit on great grandma's lap.
Mark got home early and called for Mackenson and Berlica to help split wood.
They came right over and went to work.
We almost have the wood shed filled. It isn't the best wood as it is soft so will burn quickly and make a lot of ash but will help keep us warm.
There was a message from the lady that bought Rosalie's filly. She wants me to send her deposit back. I had sent her a message that board was due on the 2nd and instead of sending the check for board she wants me to send her a check. The only problem with that is she now owes 2 months of board, and 2 late fees AND I could have sold her to someone else months ago. Each month she would have another excuse why she couldn't send the payment. She had a trailer accident, she was sick and the last is we are moving.  I've told everyone "the deposit is non refundable so please don't put down a deposit unless you are SURE you are buying the foal". Her last message (before this mornings) was any updated pictures of her?  So I know it was only because I am pushing for payment that she think she should have her deposit back. This filly is a beautiful 7/8ths Friesian filly, registered with FHHI. One of the shippers that came to pick up a horse would like to buy her.  I think I should be free to sell her at this point. Today she was haltered, brought into a stall to get any burrs out. See all that mud on her hind? She really needed to have her legs hosed with hot water to get that mud off.
She was taken to the indoor and tied to the skid steer then the hot water hooked up and walla, no more mud.

I was very happy with how she behaved. She was put in a stall and Sterling, Jewel's colt by Evan was brought out. I had 2 people ask about updated pictures of him today. He was led out to the round pen for pictures.
This colt is 75% Friesian 25% Thoroughbred and also registered with FHHI. He is the typical big mover like the rest of Jewel's foals by Evan. I was pleased with him today, he came right to me, led well into the stall and into the round pen and best of all did not at all try to walk ahead but led with a loose lead rope walking nicely where asked. He was born June 1st, 2021, is now 5 months old. He has a current coggins. He is for sale $6000.00. As he is already weaned we are not willing to take payments on him. 
Rhonda gave us some beef liver on Saturday. This evening it was fried up, smothered in onions and served with a salad. That meal was taken over to mom, aunt Jinnie and Karin as all 3 of them claim to like liver. I also like it but Mark doesn't although he ate a small piece. The two foals I worked with today are stalled for the night. I would like to try to keep them clean and rain is moving in again. Tomorrow I'll shut up the indoor and put them in that for the day.  It is good for them to get used to a stall but I don't like to keep them in long. The stalls were cleaned, the water buckets filled and a bale brought inside for easy feeding tomorrow morning.





No comments:

Post a Comment