Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Just Plain Spoiled

 Last night I took 2 Aleve and this morning I could walk instead of hobble. What a wonder drug. The horses were checked in the dark as I needed to be at mom's to relieve Joan before 7:00 am. Mom was restless during the night but each time Joan checked on her she was sleeping and she did not wake up until after I arrived. She wanted a shower first thing but that is something only a real PTA can do not this unexperienced helper. She agreed to wait until Anna or Karin arrived. Anna arrived first coming in before 8:00 am and Anna was glad to give her a shower. I left for the Berean office. If you would like to read about our morning there click HERE. I stopped at the Bartonville post office to drop off the Bibles on the way home then to Kroger to pick up chicken for our lunch.  They also had a pork loin for sale for $1.89 a pound and sausage for $2.50 a pound so I bought that also. I went through the self checkout and the pork loin checked in a full price so I asked the lady standing at the desk watching and she told me it would come off at the end but it didn't and the chicken for the lunch was put in twice by the computer.  It took almost 15 minutes to get the correct amount due paid.  Mom, Karin and Anna were out on the deck in the sunshine eating lunch but they were still glad for the chicken. As it was after 12:00 and the checkout for the apartment is 11:00 am Anna drove over to start cleaning the apartment but the guests were still loading up. I guess they got a late start. Anna decided to head home and just come back tomorrow to clean it. The clouds came and it got cold so mom came in to practice her hand writing.

Karin and I had a VERY busy afternoon with mom walking down the hallway aisle 3 times. Rhonda arrived and helped move furniture out of the way so mom could have an even longer walk and when Spark came in she wanted to walk the hall 2 more times. She is very determined to walk again and frustrated that she is struggling. We put a full length mirror at the end of the hall so she could watch herself. That helped her stand straighter and move her left foot. Rhoda arrived at 5:00 pm so I ran home to make dinner then brought it back for the both of us. After supper she gave Molly a pedicure by trimming her toenails.
Dan arrived to fix the remote. He got the television to turn on but could not get the remote to work. 
At 8:00 pm we started getting mom ready for bed and by the time she was all settled it was after 8:30 pm. When I left there mom was enjoying a foot massage by Rhoda.  She is getting spoiled I tell you just plain spoiled! and we love it
A nice message came from the owner of Onyx (Lily's filly by Valiant) She writes: This is my youngest son giving Onyx some love.


No comments:

Post a Comment