Sunday, July 19, 2020

Trailer Clean Out

The storm hit around 5:30 am and the girls who were spending the night in the camper came crawling through the dog door around 6:00 am. They were wet but not soaked. They all said they had a good night but were hungry for breakfast. Pancakes were on the menu, peanut butter pancakes, chocolate chip pancakes, blueberry pancakes and buttermilk pancakes all served with warmed syrup.
We picked mom up for church at 8:00 am. Mike Kaisner had the morning message and Mike Rieker had the afternoon.
After church the dressing room of the trailer was cleaned out. I posted it for sale and a lady wanted to see the inside of the dressing room. Everything was taken out and the trailer swept. I now have both 4 horse trailers clean.



The pictures above were sent and now she wants to see the horse compartment. I'll need to hook it up to the truck tomorrow and pull it out for those pictures.  Rhoda came to ride Jury. Emily and Mitchel arrived to work with Skye. Karin took all the grandchildren out trail riding and no pictures of anything as I was cleaning and cooking. Tonight for supper we had chicken teriyaki, wild rice, salad, rolls, watermelon and icecream bars for dessert. After supper we all went to the playground where a huge group of people had gathered. Joan was hosting people from Haiti, there were lots of volley ball players and lots of family. Taunya gave golf cart rides.


We stayed until dark.
Yesterday when I wanted to move a bale into Ribbon's old paddock, I wanted to lock the horses that were in that paddock in the field to graze first. The back gate was opened and the horses called. All of them came except one mare and one foal. I thought it was Tatiana and called to her but she ignored me. I called 4 more times getting a little irritated by the last time and she still ignored me. About then I looked closer and it wasn't Tatiana it was Tori and her colt there. I called, "Tori", she  popped up her head and came trotting to me.  She and her colt were locked out, the bale moved, Mark helped then it was time to call them back in.  Indy was called and she popped up her head and came running followed by Hadassah and their 2 foals. The other 3 mares just ignored me. Next Jewel was called and she came ambling up in no hurry to leave the grass but still making her way to me. She and Tori came through the gate leaving Tatiana at the bottom of the field by herself. It wasn't until I yelled, "Tatiana" that she lifted her head realized she was the only mare left in the field and came hurrying up. I just didn't realize how closely the mares listen for their individual name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment