Wednesday, July 22, 2020

3 Trips to Middle Grove

Right after the walk the 2 horse trailer was backed into the indoor arena. Tatiana and her filly were taken into the barn first.
Tatiana was loaded and then I left to go get Tori and her colt. When I got back in the barn with those two Tatiana's filly was in the trailer standing quietly next to her mom. Tori and her colt were squeezed in and off we drove. When I arrived the horses were all up on the ridge.
 They came running down to see who was in the trailer.
 Isla beat them all, she has speed and youth!
 Tatiana did not want her next to her filly, pinned her ears and Isla swerved away.
 That is Rosalie in the front, Tatiana and her filly are heading toward the woods.
 Tori and her colt were brought out next. Tori took him right up the hill.
I left for the next load. Jewel and Hadassah and their fillies were brought out next and loaded.
I thought the horses would have left the area but most were still there waiting for the next load all lined up at the gate just waiting to see which horse would get out first.
Jewel and her filly were unloaded first. Her filly was fascinated by all those horses.
Jewel just ambled away not worried at all that anyone would bother her or her filly. Isla got a little close to sniff her. 
Hadassah took off running and I missed getting pictures of them. I went back for the last load which was Madiera and her colt.


He has amazing movement! Jenis and Zalena went down to the lake for a drink. I snapped a picture then turned and walked away to get pictures of the foals when I heard water splashing. By the time I got back to the lake Jenis was coming out of the water after a nice cool dip.



I snapped pictures of foals for owners then headed home. On the way home I saw a hay rack sitting by the side of 116 with a sign hay for sale $3.00 a bale. Since the trailer was empty I decided to buy 20 bales. There was no one around to help load so each bale was thrown off the hay rack, carried to the trailer and stacked.  The bales are bleached on the outside from sitting in the sun but nice and green inside.

They were taken to the indoor arena and stacked. As soon as that was done the stalls were cleaned from yesterday and I started on the arena but didn't quite finish before heading in for a late lunch as it was already 3:00 pm. Dan and Diesel arrived for a short visit. It was good to sit in the airconditioning to cool down before heading up to tease and cover mares. Bella the outside mare was still in and today she stood very well for Valiant. I was THRILLED to see Rosaleigh was also showing, she was covered by Evan. The last job was to head to the cabin to soak Ripper's hoof, squirt in iodine then pack it with brown sugar. Jackie, his owner had dropped everything off to make this job easier.
Mark and I went to mom's for church tonight. Ruth was also there. Dave Obergfel had the message. 

No comments:

Post a Comment