Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Mystery

This morning early Skye was in our back yard right in view of the bedroom window. I took my time getting dress then jumped on the golf cart believing all the horses in the middle paddock must be out as that was where Skye was suppose to be. Imagine my surprise to find all the gates locked and all the horses except Skye still where they belonged. Skye was not up with the other horses so I started searching for her checking at the cabin first. There were no horses standing there waiting to be let in and then I really started searching. Where could she be?  I started wondering if I had dreamed seeing her but knew that really wasn't the case. I finally checked IN the cabin field and she was standing with the rest of the riding horses all innocent like she had been there all morning.  By this time it was close to 7:00 am. Breakfast was cooked for all who wanted breakfast. On the walk Mike told me he had taken Skye to the cabin field last night. She must have jumped out of the pasture and come over this morning then when I was looking for her she went back to the cabin and jumped back in. We had a good walk but mom and I needed to leave early as today was Berean day.  If you would like to read about our morning there click HERE. I needed to be home by 1:00 pm as the farrier was suppose to arrive by 1:30 pm. When we finished with Berean it was raining and kept raining all the way home. When I drove up to the barn there was Skye again just hanging out in the circle drive like she belonged there.
She was put in with Jury, Josiah and Joshua and Mike was sent a text that she was now here. It is a mystery how she is getting out.  Addyson and I started bringing in horses into the stalls for their pedicures tromping through the rain and mud. Jenis, Ayanna, Ripper and Josiah were put in the stalls while Valiant was put in the indoor arena. Tyler the farrier showed up right on time. I was shocked when I saw him. You see I thought all along I was talking to Tyler Joos and it was Tyler JONES who came. I had the phone numbers mixed up. I was just glad one of them came and Tyler Jones lives a LOT closer.  Addyson helped hold Valiant for Tyler so I could snap a picture.
Tyler went in to work on Ripper
while I put Valiant away and brought in Evan. Evan's hooves had worn so perfectly even that he didn't need to be trimmed. Tyler finished at 3:00 pm and as soon as he left Evan, Ayanna and Jenis were put away but  before I could put Ripper away the people that were coming to do the pre-purchase on Josiah arrived with Dr. George, a vet from San Jose, IL.  Josiah was well behaved for the entire vetting process and passed with flying colors.
Dr. George remarked that we have done a wonderful job with him. His owner was well pleased.
When they left I started teasing mares. Jewel is now out, Tori was brought over and covered by Valiant. The Appy mare screamed and would not show. She was given a shot which should bring her in and ready in 3 days. Easter Lilly was still in and covered by Valiant. Dakota acted interested but then said no.  I finally got back inside to start cooking supper at 5:30. Anni came to pick up Addyson, Jack, Jace and Abe after supper. Mom wanted to play games tonight so Ruth, Diane and I went there. At 8:30 pm the kids were brought back to the apartment and given showers. They were settled in bed at 9:30 and I came down here but am heading up to check on them as soon as this is finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment