Saturday, June 13, 2020

Jace's 7th Birthday

After breakfast I went to Sam's Club for the ingredients to make the Sunday meal along with all the paper goods to serve the Sunday meal. When I got back the Exiss trailer was backed into the indoor arena. Israel, Jack, Jace and Abe were all in with the foals petting them when I was finished. Israel was saying good by to his favorite foal, which just happens to be Lily's big boy While Abe was petting Lily. These Friesians are so very gentle.
 Israel gave his favorite a big hug.
 Jack and Abe went over to see Tori's colt.
 The boys went into the barn to play on the hay while the horses were loaded. That went without much problem although Oksana's colt wanted to stay with Indy's colt instead of following his mother into the trailer. Now that Oksana and Lily are both confirmed in foal they get to go to Middle Grove. This is the first time out for their colts. Oksana and her colt were loaded first then Lily and her colt. When I got there Diane already had the gate opened so I was able to drive right in. Lily and her colt were unloaded first.
 Then Oksana and her colt.
 Both sets took off to find the herd. Diane gave me a ride on her 4 wheeler to the top where the round pen is. The herd was all hanging around that. I snapped the picture below of Soul and her filly.
 Lola's filly came right over to see me with Galena in the background and Lola following.
 I was thinking of taking Isla home but she had just rolled in the big puddle and was covered on both sides with mud and slime. I decided to wait until after our canoe trip to bring her back for updated pictures and a video. 
 Jenis was haltered and as I was leaving realized I had forgotten to take pictures of Irish and her filly. I quick snapped one but forgot to check to see if the filly was actually in the picture. 
Oh well I'll get new pictures when I come back to pick up Isla. Diane gave me a ride down to the trailer with Jenis following. Mike was busy mowing. 
When I got back the big kids were playing volley ball While the little kids were swimming and the medium size kids were jumping on the tramp. 
 Taunya ordered chicken from Gils for supper and everyone came here for dinner.

After dinner we celebrated Jace's 7th birthday. Taunya bought him a raccoon hat. 


Baby Eden took 12 steps tonight. She will be walking and running around soon.

Lee gave golf cart rides while the rest of the adults enjoyed visiting.


The evening was so nice that we all headed over to grandma's to swim on her beach.






David was playing with the kids on the raft, they would try to remain standing while he moved it around. 
On the way back to the house I took the picture below of Jenis grazing in the field. She is here to get her new coggins test done.
Ben is flying out early in the morning for Texas. We are all going to have an early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment