Thursday, August 22, 2019

Blessed Are the Brood Mares

I left this morning for Middle Grove to bring back Galena, Tatiana and Lisa as Dr. Hoerr is coming on Monday to ultrasound Galena and Tatiana and draw blood for Lisa's Coggins test. As I was driving there I was wondering how it would work with loading Galena's filly and Tatiana's filly and no help. Mike and Diane are still in Gulf Shores, Karin is back to work and my daughters all have human babies.  I was praying about the problem but not really worried. What ever happens happens and if they wouldn't load there was always later. It was a beautiful day to head out and try. The camera was taken out and I found the herd at the top of the first hill lounging under the trees.
 Oksana was the first to see me and of course she came right over.
 Ayanna is just HUGE. She is due in November, she too came up for attention.
I think that is Roxanne in the picture below. I didn't stop to check.
 Rosalie is also huge, she isn't just heavily pregnant, this mare is at least 17 hands. She is due early November but usually goes early so I will start checking her the middle of October.
Right about then Lisa came up with Indy. The camera was put down and Lisa haltered and we started the long trip back down the hill.  Skye, Irish, Giselle, Ivan and Isla all followed down to the trailer.  Lisa loaded right up but before I could get out of the trailer Skye climbed in. She was encouraged to exit the trailer but before I could shut the doors Isla went walking right in with Irish close behind. I grabbed a halter from the truck, pushed Irish out, haltered and tied Isla and walked out of the trailer. By this time Irish and Skye were trying to get back inside. I put the lead rope around Skye's neck and was backing her up when I took the picture below. Skye was moved to the other side, Irish taken back out of the trailer when Ivan and Giselle walked in. At that point I just shut the trailer doors and changed my mind about heading back up the hill to pick up Galena and Tatiana. Since all 3 of these yearlings need updated pictures for the website and they all self loaded they were taken to the Hanna  City farm.
Lisa was unloaded first and a few pictures taken of her for her new owners.

 She was led over to the cabin field to join Hadassah and Ripper.
They were excited to see another horse and started galloping around so I snapped a few more pictures.


Next smaller halters needed to be found for Giselle and Ivan. Both of these purebred Friesian yearlings are for sale at $8000.00 each.  They were both halted in the trailer then tied up to wait while I got updated pictures of Isla. Below Ivan is in front of Giselle.
Isla was taken out to the round pen. She led well, stood tied while the gate was shut and then moved when asked.

Isla is a registered Warlander (Andalusian x Friesian) She was born May 16th, 2018 and is already very tall which she inherited from Valiant and she inherited the mega hair from Madiera. She is the total package. She listened, tried to please and when I was done asking her to move she came right up to me. She really is a sweet filly. Isla is still for sale for $5000.00 and she is quality! She was put in the short shelter paddock. Ivan was taken into a stall for his grain and Giselle brought out to the round pen for pictures.
Giselle not only has huge movement, check out how high she gets off the ground with that trot,  she also inherited the mega hair of her dam Roxanne. 
 She is also tall for her age but again Valiant is her sire. I was very pleased with how well Giselle stood tied and led.  She moved when I asked then came right back when finished. She also led well to the paddock and was put in with Isla. Last out was Ivan. He is such a well behaved friendly stud colt.  It must be all those crabby brood mares at Middle Grove that taught him manners.  Blessed are those brood mares.  Colts need to have manners!  He led perfectly into the round pen, stood tied quietly while the gate was shut then moved off when asked.
 This colt MOVES!  Check out that leg action and he wasn't even trying to show off.


The pictures were downloaded this evening and the website updated. All of the yearlings needed their own page on the for sale page of that website so it took a little longer than usual.  I was very pleased with how well today went picking up the horses and how well they haltered, tied, led and even moved when asked.  Almost all of today was spent horsing around!

No comments:

Post a Comment