Friday, October 2, 2015

Waiting

Today was just plain fun. Joan let me borrow three of her children to go to garage sales in Hanna City. Do you know how entertaining it is to watch these children bargain? They are pros.
We came back with lots of treasures. Braelyn got to come too. She and Berlica are the best of friends. Below she is coloring with her brand new markers on her brand new coloring book on the brand new table of which the entire bill for these 3 things was 75 cents.
 Mackenson is playing with his brand new gun that makes all kinds of noise (Joan's gonna love this) and that was only 25 cents.
 Faith got a bucket full of dress up jewelry for 25 cents.
 We went on a nice long gulf cart ride around the deserted neighborhood to show all the animals the prizes.
 Karin arrived with a group to go trail riding about the same time Lauri and Shanna arrived to pick up Jurista and Serenity.
Emily spent a little time going over what we have been doing and what tack we have been using on the mares. They were loaded and left just as the trail riders took off. Rebekah is riding Cookie, Jessica is riding Bunni, Jake is riding Jenis, David Jacob is riding Ribbon and Karin is riding Evan for this trail ride.

 I had to laugh as I was taking the next 2 pictures. They were coming up the drive with the girls smiling so nicely and Jenis was taking Jake right through the branches.
 I waited to take the next shot to see if I could get all three horses in this one and again Jenis took Jake right into the branches. 
 David Jacob came plodding up the hill on Ribbon. Good thing she knows her way home, he was talking on the phone letting her go where she wanted. 
 In the picture below Karin is telling me about Evan's one big buck. He bucked once going through the creek then running up the hill threw in such a big buck it almost threw her over the saddle horn. 
 Israel spent the evening with us while his parents went to Gils for dinner. He helped load the trailer for the Spoon River drive tomorrow.
 Karin bought poster boards and markers so while I was waiting for the transport company to arrive I made 8 signs for tomorrow.
The transport company said they would arrive by 10:30 pm so I ran up to the barn and turned the arena lights on then came back to the house to wait. They called as they started up my drive to ask which way. As they reached the top someone brought their car right in front and was waiting for this huge truck and trailer to back up. Of course I started yelling, "back up, back up!" I think it was one of my nephews. He got the message and finally got out of the way then I realize someone that quick had turned all the barn lights off. I'm tired, I'm cranky and I still had to get to the barn to turn the lights back on, help this huge rig back up to the arena then load a weanling that had never been on a ramp before. Thankfully she was well behaved and followed me right up the ramp then stood there until the trailer was secure. The good news is she has a huge box stall all to herself for this long trip and there were 2 other horses in the trailer facing her so she had company.

No comments:

Post a Comment