Sunday, October 18, 2015

Pot Luck

We woke up to a cold house this morning, the indoor thermometer reading 58 degrees, just a bit too cold for my taste so for the first time this season I turned the heat on. I wanted to build a fire but Mark felt it was WAY to early to start that and besides that we have no wood on our porch. Oh well the furnace did the job pretty quickly just not as satisfying. 
Mark took off for his walk while I walked up to the barn to start feeding. Eliza saw me coming with the bucket and came at a trot. She has her appetite back so what ever had been going on with her is now over. I'm still going to have the vet check her out tomorrow.
We had another blessed day in Peoria. What a God we serve! He knows the answers even before we ask the questions. Mike Rieker had the morning service and I must apologize to everyone there. So sorry you all had to listen to MY sermon. It was exactly what I needed to hear and exactly what I had been praying about. It is all HIS, thankfully if I can just listen to that still small voice the answer will be provided.
This afternoon David Obgerfel had the service, another amazing, just for me, message. After church we kind of had to rush home to get the roasts in the oven. Tonight Mark and I were hosting rotating potluck. We had the meal at mom's but did all the cooking here. Most of my children and grand children came for dinner here before volleyball. Stephanie and Anna did most of the cooking for that meal and all of the clean up. Below are a few pictures of the evening.
Above and below are just some of the volley ball players arrived to play.
 Braelyn came over with her parents and was looking through the window at grandma's table.

Braelyn came in to ride the rocking horse a bit before heading back out to play with cousins.
After dinner we enjoyed visiting with our guest LuEllen, Bonnie, Diane, Tim, Ruth, Fedi, Bill, and of course mom. 

After it got dark mom plugged in the wreath she bought yesterday at the auction to show us how beautiful it is all lighted up.

We had a neat email come today from Amanda who owns Eliza's filly by Valiant she named Tryn. Amanda writes: Fall photo shoot!
When this silly girl isn't "smiling" she is such a stunning beauty!! 
She is calm, willing, loves to be around people and is VERY Smart!  
And best of all she attached pictures.


Thanks Amanda, she is such a gorgeous girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment