Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Long Exhausting Day

I had to leave early for work today but even pulling out just after 8:00 am isn't early enough now that work is being done in interstate 474. Trying to get to the Berean office in the morning reminds me of the old rat races. Driving in to get the stamps I see that the interstate was backed up all the way to the Bartonville exit. No use getting on that and hoping to make it to work in time so the only other option is to drive through town and up Sterling. Do you know how many stop lights are on that road? That was bad but what was even worse was 150. It really makes me appreciate the interstate now that I can't use it. The drive from TEMCO to the Berean office usually takes 15 minutes by interstate but going through town better plan on a half an hour.
I finally made it just a few minutes late with 2 huge mailboxes stuffed full of mail. If you would like to see pictures and read a bit about our day at Berean click HERE
After dropping of the mail at the post office then running home to let the dogs out for a bit I had to drive to Big R in Pekin, IL to pick up more grain, beet pulp and salt blocks. Loading 700 pounds of grain 40 pounds of beet pulp and 100 pounds of salt in the car then out of the car and into the barn, dumping the grain into the bins, and hauling the salt blocks to the paddocks just about did me in.
We had left overs for supper. Tim finished one of the shelters, Mark and I went out after supper to measure the opening. I'll need to buy a couple gates then that one is ready to be used. We marked out where to drill the holes tonight for the support posts for the next shelter. Tim did a wonderful job. Tomorrow I'll get pictures. Mark went for a walk in the dark but I came back to just rest. I think I'll have an early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment