Tuesday, February 2, 2010

VOTE Today

I wish our district made it a little easier to vote. They moved the polling place from Pleasant Hill School to the South Side Mission but trying to find this out took me over an hour. Many phone calls, a good hour on the internet and finally I had the place. Once I knew where to go, it still wasn't easy, first I drove down to the South Side Mission, then around to each door but no signs, finally I parked and started walking and again no signs were visible. Finally I saw a man coming from the back of one of the buildings and asked him if he knew where to vote and he directed me to the gym. There was still no sign and the first door I tried was locked. It was a double door and the left side was unlocked but not so one could tell. Once in the building there was a cardboard sign with an arrow, found the right place and voted. Once home, Mark came in and was told where to go, but he called within a few minutes and also couldn't find the right door. I'm sure someone wanted this polling place to be a secret but with perseverance voting could be done. What is the matter with our polling judges that it wasn't well marked or even published where to vote?

No comments:

Post a Comment