Friday, February 5, 2010

Getting Ready

Diane was able to book a hotel for us in Miami even though the Super Bowl will be going on and everywhere we checked was booked up. Diane just seems to have the touch. She thought of booking a suite that sleeps 6, exactly what we needed and it has a free shuttle from the airport AND a free hot breakfast.
I picked up Jamie from her mom's house for a ride to the farm so she could take care of her dogs and mentioned I still need to go to the store to by shampoo and conditioner 3 ounce bottles for the airport and she HAD them. Between Rachel, Rhoda, Taunya and now Jamie I didn't have to shop at all. Everything is falling into place, now the weather just needs to co-operate for flying and we will be on our way. Diane is taking a lap top so I may be able to check emails every once in a while and keep up with the blog. I was only able to pack 5 books in my carry-on and we are not checking suitcases. Rhonda said she was bringing a couple so maybe I'll be able to borrow. I like to plan 2 books a day so I don't run out of reading material, but just can't fit them in unless I start taking clothes out. Maybe I can hide a few in Mark's carry-on bag. He doesn't need a lot of clothes. I bought 3 boxes of books off ebay and have been saving 2 of the boxes for this cruise.
We got an email from one of the IL Horse Fair judges asking if we would be willing to let them use our Friesians at the fair. I told her what I was bringing down and she can decide if she wants to use them or not.
Karin canceled vaulting tonight, with the snow coming down it just isn't worth someone having an accident trying to get there.
After graining Raven and the foals today I realized Steven won't have enough grain to get through the week. I have a TSC gift card to leave him but I guess he will need to drive here to get it. Too bad I didn't leave it at the farm for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment