Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Trip

We woke up before 6:00am and just couldn't stay in bed, there is so much to check and double check. Rhoda came home last night with a beautiful watch for the trip. I wore it all night and it didn't bother me at all to have it on, so to Rhoda we say: All the bags are packed and we're ready to go, We're standing here outside your door, hate to wake you up to say good-by, but we're leaving on a jet plane & know we won't be back again, until the 15th. (doesn't quite match the lyrics) The passports are in my purse, the lists are written for Sarah. Oh, we are SO excited to leave this weather and head for the sunny south. The older we get the more we crave the warmth.
Steven is meeting Mike this morning at the farm for last minute instructions and I called him to tell him about the TSC gift card for grain. I asked him to check the salt block in the breeding shed for the foals, that also may need to be replaced.
Jamie and Ralph were busy last night, 2 cars needed to be pulled out of the ditch at the farm, I think they were both Sauder's from what Jamie said but she may be wrong. The ice on the driveway, then the snow that fell yesterday has made the farm drive like a skating rink for cars. Jamie also said told me that her mare Dakota was out with a foal. She thought it was her filly Myrrhcedes but it turned out it was one of our foals. She cannot tell which one but she said it did not have a halter on and was not quite as friendly as Ciera or Valiant. They checked all the gates and fences and there was no sign of any problem so they think it may have jumped. I think it must have been Shadow as Chloe, Wanda and Evan have halters on, unless they lost them. I'm so glad we have good neighbors!
Dr. Monfort is coming to the farm on Wednesday for Anni's last strangles shot. He was offered to just leave the shot at Bridlewood in the fridge but he said he was heading out that way so would just come do it. I gave him Steven's phone number in case he needs help to find the place.
The man that put the deposit down first on Royal called last night. He decided against Aragon and wants to wait for Sangria's next foal. We were thinking of not breeding her this year but money talks. I'll pray about that one, mean while I'll send him back his $500.00 deposit. I'll need to get to the bank with a check before we leave today to cover the one I'm sending him.
LIFE is GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment