Thursday, February 25, 2010

Feet Trimming Day

This morning after cleaning up the kitchen and playroom, I headed down to work to get out the individual Bibles. Over 14 boxes of them went out today. Each box contains 12 large print Bibles and each Bible must be labeled with the prisoner's name and number then 4 stamps put on each one, 3 dollar stamps and 1 17cent stamp. That means each Bible is handled about 6 times. First pulling it out of the box, then labeling it, then applying the 4 stamps, then stuffing it back in the box and once full stuffed into my car.
I still made it out to the farm a good half hour to get everyone grained before the farrier showed up. Tyler was great working with the foals. Evan was a handful and the only foal he couldn't finish the back legs. I guess we need to work on that boy. The best was actually Valiant, if I was a betting person, I would have bet Ciera would be the best but by the time Tyler finished all of them, he looks over and says "that one has the best attitude, I really like him." Of course he was pointing to Valiant. Ribbon, Ylse and Jenis were also done.
The IL Horse Fair wants Ribbon down in Springfield on Thursday for the dress rehearsal so I'm not sure how we are going to work that. Do I haul her down and leave her, come back and haul the rest of the horses and stuff down on Friday? Or just haul her, as much stuff as we can fit in the trailer and stay down there with her. Steven is the other hauler, hopefully he will have some ideas on how we are going to do this.
Paris and her colt are doing very well, I left them in the stall another day just too cold but the temperature is suppose to start climbing tomorrow. No new pictures, just too tired by the time Tyler left.

No comments:

Post a Comment