Thursday, February 4, 2010

Dinner with The Kids

Rachel Sauder took pity on me and bought some cruise clothes AND brought them over. She brought a pretty good selection and I kept 2 shirts and one pair of capris. I've never worn capris but evidently they are the thing to wear on a cruise so I will pack them. Rhoda and Taunya also went shopping for some cruise clothes for me while Sarah got to stay home and watch Addyson. They picked out a couple of more dressy outfits and I kept 3 shirts, one dress and a skirt. The skirt is a little shorter than I'm used to but the girls think it is acceptable. So I'm set and didn't even have to shop! I HATE shopping so this was such a nice gift from Rachel, Rhoda and Taunya.
Ben and Taunya hosted all of us for dinner. Taunya made a tasty chicken dish, mashed potatoes, green beans and for dessert home made cookies and ice cream. Every thing was absolutely delicious!
After dinner we played a game called Apples to Apples around their kitchen table and roared with laughter at some of the selections made, it was a lot of fun. Taunya won the game, Rhoda came in second and Stephanie third.
We made it home by 9:30pm. We are a little concerned about the huge winter storm threatening the country. Hope our flights are still going to fly and we can make it down to Miami by Sunday morning. We did not take out trip insurance so we MUST make it down or lose out.

No comments:

Post a Comment