Thursday, February 4, 2010

Laundry Day & Salvation Army

Today all the laundry will be done so the packing can also be done for the cruise. Neither Mark or I have enough nice clothes to pack early we have plenty of work clothes but NONE of them will be taken on the cruise.
I'm struggling with writing about something that happened a couple of days ago because it shows again how human I am. We unexpectedly received a windfall in the mail. At first we were sure it must be a mistake and belonged to someone else but with checking found out, yes it did belong to us. My reaction was maybe I can spend some on clothes. Mark's reaction was 'this was totally unexpected there must be need we don't know about' and he sent it away to a charity we both support. On the way to the farm that day, I found myself grumbling to God about my husband (I know this is awful that's why I didn't want to write it out)why did he have to give EVERYTHING away, couldn't we have kept a little? The words that kept coming into my mind that day was My Grace is Sufficient. Unfortunately I didn't want to listen to that and it took me almost the entire day to realize how selfish I truly am. Not a pretty picture. We have plenty to eat, we have a nice house, we are so rich in family and friends and I'm grumbling because my clothes aren't nice enough for a cruise. A CRUISE of all things, I'm going on a CRUISE and I'm grumbling about CLOTHES! What kind of a person am I? So today after finishing the laundry, I'm heading to the Salvation Army store to see if I can find something suitable and yes I'm ashamed, not to be shopping there but I'm so ashamed of my attitude.

1 comment:

  1. haha, when i first started reading this i was thinking "she should just go to salvation army, i was just there and they'd probably have something" if not try the mall, I KNOW I SAID THE MALL, because you may find some good deals on clearance!

    ReplyDelete