Thursday, April 13, 2023

Poor Missy

 We had another good walk. We are loving this beautiful weather. My watch broke and Diane really recommended me buying the same kind she has. I took a picture of her watch and will see if I can find one like it. 

This morning was really special. I was invited to have breakfast with these two lovely ladies.  
It was so much fun I think we will do it on a regular basis.
Kathy gave me a tulip to take home for mom.
Jessica brought her new baby girl Ruby over to meet her great grandma. There are 4 generations in this picture.
I needed to meet someone in Morton at the Burger King which is right next to Aldi. I didn't really need any groceries but was 20 minutes early so walked inside and saw Diane R. Nice to see friends unexpectedly. I was back over at Burger King 10 minutes early and the lady I was meeting had already arrived. That exchange was done quickly and I made it home just before noon which gave me time to move 2 bales in before Denise arrived. She was bringing a mare in to be bred to Evan. Meet Jewel.
Jewel is a maiden 12 year old Arabian mare. She is due to come in season in a couple days. Valiant thought she was beautiful but she pretty much ignored him. Lily was teased and is now out. Rosalie is still in and was covered by Evan but wasn't very happy about it so that will be her last cover. Mike arrived just as I was getting her out of the paddock so he offered to help.  Berlica was hired to remove burrs from Irish's mane. We took her into the field to graze while Berlica worked on her.
That mare has an abundance of hair. Faith arrived with the grass hopper mower to get the mowing down and was able to finish it all by this evening.
Mackenson came with the push mower to get all the trimming done.
While they were busy mowing Joan and I were moving campers. All 4 campers are now out of the barn and at her house. We used the skid steer to move them so it went a little slower but is easier to maneuver them and get them exactly where they need to go.
They are dusty from being in the barn all winter but Joan has a power washer and can get them ready to rent pretty quickly. The craziest thing happened this evening. Berlica was riding Missy on the trails she got to the end of the woods and up into the corn field when Missy stopped and would not take another step.  I took the golf cart there, we took off her saddle and tried to lead her and she just would not move. I was able to back her and get all 4 legs to move but she just couldn't seem to step forward with her back legs.
We tried leaving her to see if she would follow, she called, looked anxious but just would not move.
Mike had to come with the horse trailer to rescue her. 
We were able to back the trailer up to her then lifted her back left leg forward and she was able to move the right back leg by herself and then stepped in.
She was taken to the cabin field and unloaded ok. Hopefully it was something temporary. Mike will keep an eye on her tonight and I'll check her in the morning. 














No comments:

Post a Comment