Thursday, April 27, 2023

Another Raccoon

 Another cold morning in the 30s but the day warmed up nicely with abundant sunshine. The mares were let out on the fields early this morning.  Our walk got interrupted a bit, there was a raccoon trying to claw its way into mom's house up by the roof. Joan put a trap out last night and this morning noticed the trap was sprung. Sure enough she caught that raccoon. That was loaded on to the golf cart and taken to her house. 

After the walk she drove it to a state park across the river and let it go. It was my turn to be at mom's this morning. Today we watched the Journey of Nattie Gann. About a girl and a wolf during the depression. Amy arrived right after lunch with a wonderful dessert. She made a rhubarb crumble out of the rhubarb she picked this morning and it was still warm. That was served with  vanilla ice cream. It was delicious. She brought a huge pan full so I took some home for Mark as that is one of his favorite desserts.  There is more left at mom's if anyone wants to stop by and try it. Amy said to share.  When I got home AC Central was turned on and I was pleased to see a message from Jeff Waibel. IF you would like to watch it click HERE. He is back from his sabbatical and going to do 9 messages on the cross. I checked my bank balance on line and found a charge of $488.39 to a pottery store that had come through just a few minutes before. I called CEFCU to report it and was put on hold about 3 minutes then transferred and on hold again for another 10 minutes.  It was done by someone in South Carolina. CEFCU put a hold on my account and the cards will need to be changed. Thankful I checked that account today. 
Mark got home from work and went mushroom hunting and just found one that had been ran over by the mower and all dried out. Not worth cooking on that one.  He was given left over pot roast for supper tonight.  I took one more trip up to the barn this evening to give Jewel her meds. Tomorrow should be the last day I will need to do that as her owner is coming on Saturday to pick her up. Sometime tomorrow or Saturday I need to pick up Rosaleigh before she delivers.
She is due May 15th and almost always delivers 2 weeks early. Last year I arrived to pick her up and discovered she had just delivered. IT took me hours to wait until the filly was standing then nursed and then get them both down to the trailer. It is much easier if I pick her up before she delivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment