Monday, February 17, 2020

Longing For Spring

The ice tracks were needed this morning on our walk and during the walk the sky started spitting at us. By the time we quit our walk it was more than a few drops.  Today was grocery shopping day heading to Peoria to visit an Aldi store and then to Sam's club and got wet running from the parking lot to the store both times.  As soon as I got home and the groceries were put away the oven was turned on and a pumpkin dump cake was mixed up and baked.  When that was taken out of the oven I drove to Diane's office to balance the Horsemeister check book. She found a $600.00 mistake and that gave us $600.00 extra dollars.  My hand writing is so awful that my 4's look like 9s and vice versa and for some reason a 1 looked like a 7.  I'm sure glad Diane is still willing to help or in this case DO all the work.  Tomorrow afternoon the sun is suppose to burn off the dense fog that is predicted for the morning and if that happens I need to head to Middle Grove to check the udders on Indy and Oksana.  Tori was the mare that surprised me when I went to Middle Grove last week. She was looking pretty pregnant.  She isn't due until May 26th
Rhoda loves riding Tori and believes that Tori will be our next Jenis. She is a solid fun ride.


Looking at these pictures makes me start to long for spring, new foals, green grass and warm sunshine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment