Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Is She or Isn't She

Ice tracks were still needed this morning for our walk and that makes the walk difficult. One must keep eyes to the ground in order not to trip or slip. I left after the first round for the Berean office. If you would like to read about our morning there click HERE. Right after Berean I took off for Middle Grove to check udders. There are STILL some mares that I just can't tell if they are pregnant or not.   Last week I thought Rosaleigh must be pregnant as I noticed the Friesian with the mane on the left side of her neck. This week I noticed Roxanne's mane no longer lies on the right side of her neck but now it is on the left side and Roxanne IS pregnant so IS Rosaleigh pregnant or Isn't she? Below is a picture of Rosaleigh's belly.
In the picture above it looks like she may be but in the picture below she does not look pregnant.
If she is pregnant she is not due until June 22nd. Irish who I thought last week may not be pregnant as I didn't see her from the front is obviously pregnant. She was bred to Valiant and is due May 1st.
Soul was another I am not sure of and didn't get right in front of her to check if she sticks out both sides. 
 If Soul is pregnant she is due April 13th. I think she is by looking at the picture below.
The last question was Galena. If Galena is still pregnant she would be due July 1st. 
I really can't tell if Galena is or not. She will be brought home in April and checked.
After checking the udders on Indy and Oksana I started checking the other horses and realized I hadn't seen Missy in the group. As the herd almost always stays together it is always a worry when there is a horse missing. I started climbing the hills to see if she could be seen in the distance.
She was no where in sight. At that point I went back to the herd to see I had missed her and sure enough she was behind a hay bale.
IF you would like to see the rest of the pictures from this trip to Middle Grove click HERE. I left for home around 3:00 pm and when I arrived heard what sounded like a waterfall. The melting snow from our sunny 40 degree day had the pond overflow shooting out water higher than my head. 
I hiked down to get some better pictures.

The creeks are flowing fast and furious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment