Saturday, April 20, 2013

Dangerous Work

Well working with stallions is suppose to be one of the more dangerous jobs but not in my case. On Thursday I needed to start the dessert for today's benefit dinner. We have a cupboard that the door sometimes sticks and with my type A personality it seems I'm always in a hurry. Deciding I have time to get the meringue in the oven before taking Zalena to the vet I grab the cupboard door, give it a jerk only to find it didn't stick that tiime, it slammed open and hit my eyebrow. The next morning I wake up with a black eye. So this proves cooking is much more dangerous than this horse work. Below is my shiner:

It doesn't show too much if my eyes are kept open so tonight while the choir is singing I must remember, "don't blink!" While cleaning stalls this morning I noticed Ella didn't clean up her hay, and this is what was in it.
That garter snake has been well preserved, poor thing.  As the sun is shining and no precipitation in the forecast, Ella and her filly were turned out in the pasture behind the weanlings. Ribbon was just let loose in the big field, Mark doesn't want her huge hooves and tremendous weight to dig up the pastures. Pictures will be taken of her in a few days, I've never seen her stick out this far on both sides. Either this baby is bigger than the others or she may be a little overweight. Marika and Eliza were taken over to the cabin field today to get them out of the mud. A Morgan mare is coming in today for breeding to Evan this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment